To those of us living with mental illness, it can be frustrating when others want to help but can’t find the rights words to say.
Although their intentions are genuine, it isn’t always received well by those struggling.
It’s easy for us to feel defeated, upset, and most importantly pissed off.
So here they are. Nine things not to say to someone with a mental illness.
1. “Calm down. Just breath.”
2. “Just eat.”
3. “It’s all in your head.”
4. “Other people have it worse.”
5. “If you say you’re so fat, what do you think of me?”
6. “Shouldn’t you be over this by now?”
7. “Stop being so selfish.”
8. “You have every reason to be happy.”
9. “In ten years, this won’t matter.”
Did you find this post relatable? If so, comment below!